Advocacy projects I am currently involved with and/or in support of:
- Arizona Friends of Homeless (public group) – Do you want to help people experiencing homelessness around the state of Arizona? We’re a hands-on community that involves private volunteers and efforts in conjunction with non-profit organizations’ efforts. #Homelessness
- #SandwichesInParks – My personal take-action to serve people experiencing homelessness in Phoenix, Arizona every Saturday night. Working with multiple organizations to assist people in need, I coordinate and deliver soup, sandwiches and sack lunches, hygiene, and blankets and towels to individuals on the streets. To participate, please visit http://ow.ly/w2Xp309rYA7.
- National Coalition for the Homeless @ – A national network of people who are currently experiencing or who have experienced homelessness, activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based service providers, and others committed to a single mission: To prevent and end homelessness while ensuring the immediate needs of those experiencing homelessness are met and their civil rights protected.
- Let’s Be Better Humans – A organization devoted to spreading caring, kindness and love; will take part in any acceptance-based event or project; seeks to promote every person as unique and beautiful. Part of the I Have A Name Project.
- #SexAbuseChat (Twitter chat) – Every Tuesday 6pm pst/9pm est co-hosted by survivor/licensed therapist Bobbi L Parish @ and author/advocate Rachel Thompson @RachelintheOC
- Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network @ – The nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE, online.rainn.org y rainn.org/es) in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.